Why Views Are Not Counting & Low Earnings

Talk about anything related to adf.ly here
Forum rules
If you post adf.ly links here, YOUR AdF.ly ACCOUNT WILL BE SUSPENDED! Do Not post adult links!!
Xellon
Forum Admin

Why Views Are Not Counting & Low Earnings

Postby Xellon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:57 am

Note - Any more topics created about low earnings will be removed. Feel free to post anything related to that here.

Check out our knowledge base
Also, if your site views is not matching your adf.ly views, read this

A lot of people seem to be asking this same question. First be sure to wait a few hours for your stats to update. if you have a blog that has traffic, and yet you are getting hardly any adf.ly views or low earnings, here is why:

1 - CPM depends on your visitors location see here
2 - It's possible that your visitor doesn't have cookies enabled. No cookies, no view.
3 - If flash is disabled, this doesn't count as well.
4 - If your visitor didn't view the ad for 5 seconds, then it won't count.
5 - Your visitor didn't click the adf.ly link. Copy paste methods in the url are not legitimate clicks based on the terms of service.
6 - Adblocks, we are doing what we can to stop adblocks
7 - You are not getting unique visitors resulting in raw views
8 - If your visitors are fake, then they will not count
9 - At this time, mobile views give you a little less then half of what's set on our payout rates.
10 - For frozen Views, please contact support.

Whenever a view isn't counted, our advertisers are NOT charged.

Terms of service -
14 - The only legitimate way to open an AdF.ly link is with a mouse click, on the actual link.

To help improve your adf.ly visits, go to tools and add an entry script to your blog/website. I highly recommend setting the delay cap to at least 8 seconds.

Putting adf.ly links everywhere on your blog is not recommended imo. Too many ads will create an annoyance and your visitors will leave due to too much advertising.

Update - Some add ons for firefox will completely skip Interstitial ads on adfly. If users are using the "No Script" add on, views will not count.

Update May 2014th - There seems to be a lot of topics being created about low earnings, statistics not updating, loss of earnings, etc etc. From now on, please post all your issues on this topic. Any more newly created topics on the subject will be removed or moved here if applicable. Please also remember that we can not help you with specific account issues over the forums. I highly recommend contacting support about any issues you may have.

Important note - Remember that your views are always being counted even if your stats are not being updated temporarily. Your views may not change on certain days if changes were made on the server so keep getting those views!

Update - When changes are made on the server, statistics may freeze for a few days.

himal

Re: Why Views Are Not Counting

Postby himal » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:37 am

Xellon wrote:Your visitor didn't click the adf.ly link. Copy paste methods in the url don't count.

Humm.. I didn't knew that.but I've always post links as 'clickable' for the sake of users :)

what about "Right Click->Open is new tab/window", i think they are valid too right ?

Xellon wrote:To help improve your adf.ly visits, go to tools and add an entry script to your blog/website

Yes, I agree with you.after i implement this feature my status went three/four times higher!
if you've got quality and unique content users wouldn't mind it.(I've never got a complain about this)

Thanks for the info :)

Xellon
Forum Admin

Postby Xellon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:47 am

There are limits set when opening in a new tab. If done often (and I think it's still the same), in the new tab where you opened adf.ly, you will be asked to hit a continue button. It'd be pointless to open several adf.ly links in a new tab just to skip them.

himal

Postby himal » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks for the reply :)

Xellon wrote:There are limits set when opening in a new tab. If done often (and I think it's still the same), in the new tab where you opened adf.ly, you will be asked to hit a continue button. It'd be pointless to open several adf.ly links in a new tab just to skip them.

but it's still counts right ?

how about using target="_blank" attribute on "html" links
<a href="http://adf.ly" target="_blank">AdFly</a>

Is this count ?

Xellon
Forum Admin

Postby Xellon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:49 pm

in new tab works, but I wouldn't recommend about_blank if you have several links that need to be opened at once.

himal

Postby himal » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Xellon wrote:in new tab works, but I wouldn't recommend about_blank if you have several links that need to be opened at once.

OK, Thanks for clearing that up :)

rohit007

Re: Why Views Are Not Counting & Low Earnings

Postby rohit007 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:24 am

the information you provide is very good. i have a good traffic on my blog. then i added full page script and traffic of my blog began to decrease. then i simply add website entry script. entry script works fine. :)

yogirox

Postby yogirox » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:02 am

I think you should count every click so that our traffic shouldn't b wasted.traffic is traffic either mobile or computer.

Xellon
Forum Admin

Postby Xellon » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:09 am

yogirox wrote:I think you should count every click so that our traffic shouldn't b wasted.traffic is traffic either mobile or computer.

Everyone has privacy settings on their browser in which they can prevent sites from putting info on their computer. Users can also surf the website anonymously. If flash isn't enabled, viewers won't be able to view most ads that advertisers promote through adf.ly

In other words, Its impossible to count all views. Most likely adf.ly captures views though cookies. I'm assuming this but this is how most websites work, but normally a cookie is placed on all computers to track certain information. adf.ly would need to place a cookie to see if you clicked the shortened link, or clicked any ads, and viewed it for 5 seconds, etc. People can simply prevent cookies from getting in their browser by changing their settings.

Some tracking cookies can bypass this, but that would count as spyware/adware on some AV's.

yogirox

Postby yogirox » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:00 am

What is the purpose of cookies,i mean why cookies are used?

Return to “Adf.ly Talk”