GENERAL FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING

Talk about anything related to adf.ly here
Forum rules
If you post adf.ly links here, YOUR AdF.ly ACCOUNT WILL BE SUSPENDED! Do Not post adult links!!
adfly
Site Admin

GENERAL FORUM RULES - READ BEFORE POSTING

Postby adfly » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:35 pm

Rules last updated August 8th, 2013

Before creating a help topic, please search the forums first as your question may have already been answered. If you can not find your answer, start a new topic but please make sure your subject line is specific. Please do not write "help," or "question." A good subject would be something like, "Need help with entry script on blogger."

Also, please see the "read before posting" topics under each category in the forums.

Please abide by the following forum rules:

1. No spamming.

You may link to an external website if it is relevant to the original topic of the post but must not create posts purely for advertising a URL or getting clicks. Please Don't spam the subject line with symbols/special characters and caps. Advertising can be defined as "The activity or profession of producing advertisements for commercial products or services." Offering someone or a service that would cost money or listing sites for profit are prohibited. There are exceptions for those who achieve the proper rankings on this forum.

2. No harassing other users or swearing.

Bad language will not be tolerated on this forum, be more creative. Any form of personal attacks or harassment of another user will result in the deletion of your forum account.

3. No bumping.

You may not 'bump' any topics in order for them to appear higher. There is a reason why your topic has fallen off the first page. Please also be careful not to reply to a topic that is over a month old unless necessary.

4. No selling.

Nothing may be offered or requested for sale on the forums. Do not post donations.

5. Signature spamming.

Creating posts with little or no value content purely to advertise your signature is not allowed. It is at the discretion of the forum moderators what constitutes as a 'content less' post. Typical examples include 'thank you', 'nice work', 'great results!' etc.

6. Tricking users / false statements.

Making any posts that are not true will result in the removal of your forum account and / or your AdF.ly account. This includes fake payment proofs and exaggerated figures in methods of obtaining traffic. I.e. Get 10,000 visitors in 2 minutes using this method!

7. Duplicate content posts.

Creating a new topic to discuss a method to obtain traffic that has already been posted on the forum will be banned. Please reply to the original post if you have or need further information. If it is a sufficient variation, then you may create a new topic.

8. Warnings / Banning

Depending on how severe the rule breaking is, you will either receive a warning or a straight ban. This is at the discretion of the forum moderators. If you wish to appeal, please contact us here: http://adf.ly/contact.php

If the rules that has been broken ALSO violates the Terms & Conditions of AdF.ly, you will also have your AdF.ly account terminated (i.e. spamming). Warnings are removed after 90 days.

9. Adf.ly Links

You are not allowed to reply to a topic and post adf.ly links. You can however create your own topic and add shortened links to your opening post). Please limit the amount of shortened links to two.

10. No Warez/Hacking discussions

No Warez/piracy or topics about hacking are allowed on the forums

11. English Forum only

All posts must be written in either English or Spanish. Any other languages will be deleted. This may change in the future.

Forum Information

-Pms, signatures, image/flash bb codes will be available when you reach a post count of 15 to prevent spamming (unless you linked your forum account through adf.ly.

Pm's are not to be used for spamming or advertising. If someone reports your pm as spam, then your adf.ly account can and will be suspended. If we get too many reports, we will disable the pm system altogether.

-You are currently limited on what you can add to your signature. Please view our Ranking System before making a signature. Banner size limit on signature is - 500 x 150 or less

-Posting in the payment section does not increase your post count.

If you require a response to a question within a couple of days, please contact us (http://adf.ly/contact.php). These forums are mainly for everyone to help each other out and communicate, this is not an official support channel.

Your forum moderators are:

adfly, Xellon,

Jay-AdFly

Re: FORUM RULES - UPDATED 2ND OCTOBER 2011

Postby Jay-AdFly » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi and welcome to AdF.ly Moderator team Stanley. Its a great help and opportunity to have someone like you to help us.

Rock on dude! :lol:

Stanley

Postby Stanley » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:51 am

Jay-AdFly wrote:Hi and welcome to AdF.ly Moderator team Stanley. Its a great help and opportunity to have someone like you to help us.

Rock on dude! :lol:

Late reply. D:

Thanks man. You too. :)

jacbrauer

Postby jacbrauer » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:57 am

suggestion:
Post a link in every subforum behind the text (under the forum title, with red background) and everybody will know these rules.
For example, in the traffic subforum, I get the impression that people assume that there is only 1 rule, namely the one stated above the forum, under the forum title (with the red background).
Or maybe even let this pop-up every first visit & then per week.

Xellon
Adf.ly Legend

Re: FORUM RULES - UPDATED 23rd MARCH 2012

Postby Xellon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Its a shame that the forums were not moderated properly until now. I'm doing my best trying to clean up the forums but its gonna take a while.

Too many posts that break the forum rules and topics all in the wrong section....

giannis196
Veteran

Postby giannis196 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:27 pm

you adfly can you tell me something?
is my signature ok?
is the signature of Xellon ok? because if mine is not then you should warn and all the others (not only members) (sorry xellon for give your signature for example if you don't like it i will remove it!!)
so can this rule at 5 can it little change?
i have got allot of videos with my own mods at the games go here if you want to check them out!
youtube.com/user/giannaras2010?feature=mhee

giannis196
Veteran

Postby giannis196 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:32 pm

jacbrauer wrote:suggestion:
Post a link in every subforum behind the text (under the forum title, with red background) and everybody will know these rules.
For example, in the traffic subforum, I get the impression that people assume that there is only 1 rule, namely the one stated above the forum, under the forum title (with the red background).
Or maybe even let this pop-up every first visit & then per week.

is my signature ok?
i have got allot of videos with my own mods at the games go here if you want to check them out!
youtube.com/user/giannaras2010?feature=mhee

Xellon
Adf.ly Legend

Postby Xellon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:47 pm

giannis196 wrote:you adfly can you tell me something?
is my signature ok?
is the signature of Xellon ok? because if mine is not then you should warn and all the others (not only members) (sorry xellon for give your signature for example if you don't like it i will remove it!!)
so can this rule at 5 can it little change?

Your signature is fine. But posting that link on a topic would be an issue.

Were going to set up rankings in the future so that only those with high rep can advertise in the sig. High ranks might even get image banners.

ex, and I'm just making up these numbers:

20 posts - text in sig
50 posts - hyperlinks in sig
100 posts - multiple links in sig
200 posts - image banner in sig = + high rep

and perhaps donations will put you at high rank.

All staff (admins, mods, programmers, etc) will automatically be considered top rank. Thats the plan, but no idea how long it will take to implant this. Our admin seems busy.

Jay-AdFly

Postby Jay-AdFly » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:24 am

Hi guys, Its been a while. Well stuff has been crazy lately and we been busy since January. Well as result, everything here in forum has gone crazy too and Its good to have new forum moderator to cover the forum. So I would like to say Hey and welcome to our new forum moderator and its a pleasure working with you Xelllon!

Xellon
Adf.ly Legend

Postby Xellon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:28 am

Jay-AdFly wrote:Hi guys, Its been a while. Well stuff has been crazy lately and we been busy since January. Well as result, everything here in forum has gone crazy too and Its good to have new forum moderator to cover the forum. So I would like to say Hey and welcome to our new forum moderator and its a pleasure working with you Xelllon!

Pleasure working with you too. I thought all the previous mods were gone. That's why I offered my help.

Return to “Adf.ly Talk”