Good morning!

Introduce yourself here. Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Forum rules
Do not post adult links!!
centrilius

Good morning!

Postby centrilius » Sun May 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Well, as you can see my username here is centrilius, but I'm called Brandon in real life. Stemming from California, I've lived in the same region my whole life-- the Central Valley, which you might have heard just recently came out of a long drought.

Over the last couple of months, the idea of making money online has had great appeal to me. I started a blog years ago but never monetized it. I have another blog on a new website, where I practically write out a bunch of journal entries. As opposed to being a particular niche, my style of writing isn't composed of a single subject-- it's a compilation of various pieces of information as I've learned from over the years of reading around for information on whatever topic interested me at the time. Thus, as a beginner blogger, and as a new owner of a free website, I'm doing my best to provide affiliate links based on the articles or blog posts I've written. In that sense, at least, everything's pretty organized.

I figured that if I was using the internet, I should at least figure out a way to be paid for my time. Otherwise, I was just gaining facts and never actually realizing them. I started using adfly this morning, and over the last few weeks I've generated a few dollars from Speechpad, Amazon Mechanical Turk; thus far, I'm seeing zero success with Amazon's affiliate program-- but I'm sure that if I can manage to get enough people to see my blog, I'll eventually start coming to my senses regarding making quality content. Everything has a learning curve!

I work as a custodian for a living. I'm engaged to an awesome woman who has a child with cerebral palsy, so some extra financial help is always welcome. I'm a fan of Nintendo (but I'm not a diehard), particularly in the realm of Legend of Zelda. I play guitar on the side, I know a little bit about making ceramic flutes, I'm somewhat of a grammar Nazi (which was quickly pushed aside when I started transcribing audio on Speechpad), and I tend to collect things in a fashion similar to hoarding. I'm interested in stacking silver and gold, I read a lot, and I'm overall just like anyone else who was raised with plenty of literature in my household. I'm a college dropout. I've worked in fast food, I'm a navy veteran with disability, and I drink coffee to the tune of about three cups a day.

These are seemingly random pieces of information, but these are all a culmination of what makes me who I am today. Some time down the road, my aim is to generate at least a few streams of passive income revenue to assist with my full-time job and my fiancee's daughter in addition to my full-time job, so that we can move out of this apartment and into a house that will be large enough to store medical equipment, accommodate for my personal library, and have more personal time to ride a bike and work out to improve my health.

So, that's me in a nutshell! I hope I didn't bore you too awful much.

Xellon
Adf.ly Legend

Re: Good morning!

Postby Xellon » Sun May 21, 2017 11:35 pm

Hello and welcome to the adfly forums. Its not often that anyone introduces themselves here so it is nice to see every once in a while. God bless you and I hope to see that you achieve your goals.

Since you were able to make some income already from sites like amazon, you may be on the right track. A few years back, I tried quite a lot of "at home income opportunities" and I was fairly successful in getting some income in order to pay some bills which helped a lot. I was never able to achieve 4 figures a month or anything like that which was my original goal but I can share with you my experience and hope it will help you in the long run.

About adfly, it will help once you have some good quality content and traffic. Avoid wasting time trying to share/spam your links everywhere. Build up something that has value then slap an adf.ly banner or advert on it is the best course of action.

Read over this - viewtopic.php?f=33&t=18057

It may be info I posted several years ago but the strategies for online marketing never has changed. Your guaranteed success with SEO especially if you hire a professional (expensive though) or learn it yourself (which can be a challenge) as long as you do the research. There are other strategies such as warm marketing which is the most important thing you should focus on no matter what you are trying to sell or what business you get into.

Leads-->Communicate-->Generate sales is what any marketer will tell you. Build up leads, keep an excel sheet of your contacts and follow up with them. Weather your an affiliate trying to bring in more affiliates, trying to sell something, maintaining a friendly relationship will bring you ahead in the long run. Buy an email autoresponder. Any capable online affiliate/mlm business will always tell you to have one.

example - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=18497

Instead of just sharing your adfly ref links, Make a website like in the above link I just posted, tell them they can make money by sharing links, have them subscribe to your email campaign so you can always communicate with them. This can be done with any online business, not just adfly. Once you have over 5000 quality leads, you will be able to send useful info that can help both you and your subscribers. If you discovered a new way to make money online, share it and give them your affiliate link. Leads, especially quality leads will never fail you which is why a double opt in email autoresponder is important (this is when they have to confirm their email).

Hope this helps a little and sorry for any mis-spellings/grammar issues. I was typing fairly fast :)

centrilius

Postby centrilius » Mon May 22, 2017 11:14 am

Thank you for the kind welcome!

My goal at present is more specifically to double my current income using internet-based marketing, affiliate, and other methods as such-- I agree with having to create some very high-quality content to make such efforts worthwhile, because poor content is not how sites like Craigslist and IGN came about. Everything is updated to a degree, people are always looking for something to buy and sell, someone is always looking for some information in gaming (that's my stronger value), and they've managed to stick to it for years (IGN is a video game network where gamers centralize and discuss games from every platform, each of which likely has its own forum and fan base). I currently don't have a niche, because my blog posts have been about a particular dream I had the other night, apple cider vinegar, coffee, booze, Nintendo, and my current affiliation with Karatbars. I'm seeing now, just typing about it, that I need to concentrate on ONE thing, but that seems difficult because I've had the freedom to switch my interests as rapidly as anyone who has a thirst for random knowledge ever could wish.

Adfly is going to be a small boost to my posts, no doubt-- I understand that it won't be THE primary means by which I earn revenue, but it will certainly help a lot (once I can get my static page to show the banner that I posted in the HTML format!). As I tend to learn quickly, I have grasped the basics-- with that out of the way, I can laser-focus on where I'm intending to go, and it seems I have at least three areas which need improvement-- a niche, quality content, and figuring out HTML! I'll keep that email auto-responder in mind, because that seems to be one thing that escaped me while I was first working with this area of the internet. I'm still in the infancy stages of opening my perspective to how much work is involved, but your SEO post was of excellent value. I went ahead and bookmarked it for future use. After I'm off work at my day job, I'll have enough time to check out your auto-responding email post. Now is the time I must be leaving!

Once again, I appreciate your response, and more so that it was quite well thought-out (despite the speed at which you made a couple errors here and there!) and more comprehensive than I ever expected! Thank you. I think this is a good place to learn some information not only about Adfly, but plenty of other information regarding marketing and insanely comprehensive posters!

Xellon
Adf.ly Legend

Postby Xellon » Mon May 22, 2017 2:25 pm

I think going for a niche you are interested in is the best course of action. A lot of people tend to give up or lose their motivation when things don't go well. It can be frustrating at times but it can also be fun. There is value in finding a niche based off potential income vs interest but I tend to lose my motivation when not building something I'm not interested in. Guess its up to the individual. Well, its always fun when you earn money no matter what xD

If you're trying to do something html related, I always used google to find what I need but I mostly use Easy to use website builders or templates.

Also, I cant say the forums are very populated (only a few posts per day) but there may be some posts that you may find useful.

Return to “Introduction”