Link monetization?

Talk about anything here.
Forum rules
Please do not advertise any websites here or shorten your links in the Lounge. Any spam will be deleted and accounts banned.
zareenasafeer

Link monetization?

Post by zareenasafeer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:59 am

I get decent traffic through My Site, but I want to grow from just getting site money. I have a good amount of people clicking the link in the description to view multiple images (10+). How can I monetize this? Since it's not a single image... I was thinking adf.ly type sites + imgur link?
Edit: Adfly rates seemed low, I currently don't know traffic sources but 6 impressions on shorte.st gave $.0186 coming out to like $3.60 cpm (super super early to actually tell, would need at least 100 for a decent estimate) but I think I'll stick with them.
5 views at $0.0037 per view and 1 view at $0.0001272. Clearly good traffic helps lol

tomc

Re: Link monetization?

Post by tomc » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:06 am

I putup a banner in a traffic exchange. I have 19,000 banner ad views available to me so I decided to make use of it. I received 3 clicks on 500 impressions. The link to the banner uses a shorte.st short URL but it ends up here with my referral link. :)

My problem is that of the 3 clicks recorded at the traffic exchange, only one was recorded at shorte.st or a loss of 2 click. If you put that in percentages, only 33% of the click was credited to me. That means 67% of my clicks are not credited to me. I am sure those 3 clicks were made by 3 different persons because I was monitoring the clicks yesterday to see how it is doing.

That is one of the reason why I did not migrate my short links to shorte.st despite the supposed to be higher rates is because I am not confident of their ad clicks reporting. Have you been to the shorte.st forum? See the signature of the forum moderator. Notice that he offers 50% of his referral income back to his referral. I think that is unfair and gives him undue advantage. I do not think that people who works for the site should compete with other members or if they are allowed to compete, they should do it on even terms. I questioned it publicly on that forum but stopped after that as I might be accused of trolling when I was just raising a valid issue.

BTW even if my link was on a traffic exchange, that is still valid because the link is not automatiically opened but opened by a manual click. If you want to find out how I did it, see this http://bit.ly/2l2rHM1

Note that I have to do some run around to suppress the spam filters of the URL shortener and to hide the shortest link

tomc

Re: Link monetization?

Post by tomc » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:36 pm

You may be right that shortest may be paying a little higher rate. My question to you is how productive is your clicks?

The link I showed you has a very high click through rate at the traffic exchange - not automated views but real manual clicks - and yet I have very low views at shortest. I checked the ink and I found out the reason why, ads are not shown on the shortest landing page where normally ads are shown.

In the case of adf.ly, I am very satisfied with my adviews here even if I am only earning very little here.

I just hope that what is happening to me at shortest is not happening to you.