analytics is telling very different numbers with bounce rate 99%

A place for the advertisers to chat and ask questions, because of course - without them - adf.ly would not exist!
yammy

analytics is telling very different numbers with bounce rate 99%

Postby yammy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:35 am

I placed a test with intersticial adfly, with 15 dollars for 25k views.

It depleted in a few hours of the same day i placed the ad.. It happens that analytics only counted 1340 new users on site, with a bounce rate of 99% !

The average bounce rate from google is around 70% for the same page. Why the bounce rate from adfly is so high?

The average session from adfly is mostly between 1-10 seconds. It looks like everyone simply totally ignore the page displayed by adfly. I got not a single email contact on that day, no email, no subscription, nothing at all.

Who here is happy with this kind of ad ? Can you tell me how is your analytics numbers compared to adfly traffic?

thanks

Xellon
Forum Admin

Re: analytics is telling very different numbers with bounce rate 99%

Postby Xellon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:54 pm

There are a lot of different opinions about the quality of adf.ly traffic when paying for traffic. I can tell you from my experience, I payed over $1000 worth of advertising.

This was just one of my campaigns. It was a proxy deal at the time. I used a simple capture page on telling people how to make money online by simply subscribing.

The results were insane. My email alerts went crazy. I got so many subscribers. The leads that converted were a little under than I expected but would of been worth it in the long run (had some bad luck with my business but I'll skip the story). I'd say about 1% of those leads converted into sells (probably less). But the conversion rate depends on your marketing strategy and not the ads and I wasn't that good at it at the time.

I can't really tell you the details on google analytics since I no longer use it but if you want random traffic, I never found anything better than adfly. I just wish they had some way to only send traffic based on a niche/category of your choice. It'd be nice if they had some sort of system where publishers tell us what kind of ads they like then those publishers would be sent to us.

Other issue is its delivered too fast. Ofc, it depends on the country of choice. There were a large amount of proxy traffic at the time. Sorry I can't answer your question but perhaps someone else can. just thought I'd share my exp

yammy

Postby yammy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Could be that the page takes around 4 seconds to load, then people dont have time to see it ? How is your bounce rate from adfly? For me 99% is terrible, it's like nobody at all is interested, and google does have better bounce rates with conversions paying for 10 times less traffic.

I'm changing the page to a simpler banner that loads fast and links to the landing page, let's see what happens!

Do you know how to put more money on an existing campaign that already ended ? I tried adding more 5 dollars to the wallet, it added, but the campaign remains stopped since i added the money. I have no clue to make the campaign use the new money balance. Do you know how ?

Xellon
Forum Admin

Postby Xellon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:45 pm

I used something like this - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=18497

I no longer use the email or website I advertised for but If I had to guess the bounce rate....think I got 10k delivered for the proxy deal since it was so cheap at the time. minus cpm so I guess 10-15% stayed looking through my content. My niche was pretty much free and premium marketing training and tools with a lot of useful content for any online/offline marketer.

Do you know how to put more money on an existing campaign that already ended ? I tried adding more 5 dollars to the wallet, it added, but the campaign remains stopped since i added the money. I have no clue to make the campaign use the new money balance. Do you know how ?

If I remember correctly, there was a drop down option to select a campaign. I didn't use the wallet function but not sure if it matters.

Return to “Advertisers”