[Method] Is this Acceptable?

If your not sure what you can or can't do, discuss it here
Bittary

[Method] Is this Acceptable?

Post by Bittary » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:56 am

In the past, I have used a service called AppsGeyser to generate Google Playstore publishable android apps for my website projects....the program generates an android native app based on the responsive version of the url you provide...my question is, would I be allowed to shorten my own website URL, and the adf.ly url as the url that is accessed each time the app is launched - with a full page intersitial entry and exit popups enabled - so the result would be the "app loading" screen becomes a 5-15 second view of an ad.fly ad which the user can then click "skip ad" and continue to desired content, with similar experience on exit? or would that be considered some form of dishonest "cloaking" because they don't actually see and manually click on "adf.ly" even though the DO manually see click and intend to launch the app (from google play store) that just so happens to use these ads as a "loading screen"? am I making sense? :?:

Xellon
Adf.ly Legend

Re: [Method] Is this Acceptable?

Post by Xellon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:06 pm

Hello. Just going to repeat this to make sure I understand.

So basically, your url-->shrink with adfly url-->and changed again into another url from or for the app?

You're wondering if because you can't see the adf.ly url and not actually clicking on it but a different url, if this breaks the terms. Is this correct? If so, then this is fine.

Rule 12 and rule 14 are somewhat contradictory since it hides the adfly. As long as you clicked on something to get there then it is fine.

correct me if I misunderstood what you were asking.

http://adf.ly/terms

Bittary

Post by Bittary » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:19 am

Based on your response I pretty much understand and am golden - for all intents and purposes the "app" basiclaly creates a shortcut to the mobie version of thewebsite - so as long as the user intentionally downloaded and opened the app it's find if it goes through the adf.ly shortener in the process of loading it correct?

Xellon
Adf.ly Legend

Post by Xellon » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:03 am

That is correct. Best wishes and I hope your earnings go well :)