Web page is blank (incompatible with iframes)???

A place for the advertisers to chat and ask questions, because of course - without them - adf.ly would not exist!
buysend

Web page is blank (incompatible with iframes)???

Post by buysend » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi,

I've had our website www.buysend.com rejected for the reason 'Web page is blank (incompatible with iframes)'.

I have no idea what the issue is, could someone please help?

Paul

adfly
Site Admin

Re: Web page is blank (incompatible with iframes)???

Post by adfly » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Hi Paul,

Sorry I realise this is a bit late now but I'm going to reply anyway (in case someone else has the same question).

The problem is, your website has a security control on it that means, no other website can put it in an iframe.

AdFly needs to put your website in an iframe, so we can put our header (with the Skip Ad button) above it.

You would need to ask the person who is responsible for the maintenance / coding of your site to remove this restriction before you can advertise it here.

grangoat

Post by grangoat » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:25 am

I am having the same problem where my link is not compatible. http://adf.ly/ad/preview?ad_id=840415

No I cant change the website to be less secure to make up for adflys design flaws. It is kind of ridiculous that you would even ask that. What other options are there?

Xellon
Adf.ly Legend

Post by Xellon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:14 am

Is a 3rd option possible? It may be more efficient to create a landing page for your website.

grangoat

Post by grangoat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:21 am

Ok I figured out a way to make it work. I just changed ad campaign type to pop up with the same address. That was approved. I don't know how effective it will be, but the link is at least compatible.

Sorry I don't have my own website and I know nothing about making a "landing page." I just wanted to get the refer a friend bonus for a video game (star citizen) and paying $5 to get a few thousand popups to the sign up page with my referral code. https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enli ... -K9ZM-K5ZJ

I only need one person to sign up, so hopefully $5 worth of popups will be enough to do that.

Xellon
Adf.ly Legend

Post by Xellon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:35 pm

Ah I see. I'm glad it worked for you.

Basically a landing page is just a way to optimize getting sign ups on a niche or topic (in your case, star citizen). So for example, if people saw that sign up link u posted on an ad, the chances of them signing up increases depending on what you do.

For ex:

Being a gamer myself, I like to try new stuff but looking at this, I would just close it. All I see is enlist and it doesn't catch my attention. But if you made yourself a basic page (using something free like wordpress or blogger) that had a headline, "Play free online games" and have a cool pic and a sign up sheet, more would be willing to take notice. Then its just a matter of sending emails to your subscribers about star citizen and other games you might play.

example sign up sheet and advantages - http://www.adflyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=18497

Well, there is a bit of a learning curve required but if you just want 1 sign up, chances are slim as it is (unless its someone who knows the game and wanted to play it).